Saturday, 10 November 2012

Hey, stud!

So I'm more than certain that I am not the only one to notice the stud craze that's hit our high street (and high end) over the past few months, and man, have we got it bad!

Everywhere I look someone or something is studded and for the most part it rocks, with the exception of a few dodgy home attempts. With the right attention and detail, this simple decoration can entirely transform an item. Most popularly I'm seen this theme jump all over the military trend (I blogged on that, here), clashing but effectively creating a punk rock edge. 

My favourite versions of this new trend are studded shoulders (attitude), high-waisted jean pockets (fashionable) and shirt collars (trendy)!

My top high street studs are;


Boohoo - Urban Outfitters - New Look

 

Nasty Gal - Nasty Gal - Boohoo


Topshop - Missguided


Zara - Missguided


If you're brave enough this trend is simple as to re create;

Simply head down to your local haberdashery and once you've pick up your stud of choice, push through your item area (insert strong person here), bare in mind thicker material may require a small hole. Once pushed through, separate spiky things rivets on the other side (pliers come in handy here), and voilĂ  you're ready to rock (:

Totally unrelated but, I'm liking these video editions so here is one my boyfriend sent me, 
its BEYOND cute;


VR x

6 comments:

  1. Ah that centre Nastygal cut out top is amazing!!! That site is amazing, I just want to order everything.

    www.flutteringlashes-lou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything studded, definitely gives that 'edge' an outfit needs! I love your blog, just followed!


    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :), yes me too! Need to find my inner punk rocker hahaa xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog!!! I'm following your now :)

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete