Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Liebster Award

I was pleasantly surprised a few days ago when the wonderful Sophie put me forward for the Liebster Award. I didn't know much about the Lieb (ha!) before now, but I'd seen it circulating and think it's a great idea to get us, lesser known blogs, get discovered and networking! 

I hope you will take the time to have a look through but i'll admit it's on the hefty side so no worries if not, I'm just glad you found your way to my little corner of the web :)




Rules
  1. List 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
  3. Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate
  4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
  5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
  6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
Facts

1. My full name is Madeleine Sydney Brenner Roach.
2. I share my birthday with both of my brothers but we are not triplets (this is always my 'fun' fact).
3. Olives are my favourite food.
4. I'm at my happiest when I'm travelling (or seeing/doing something new).
5. I live in London.
6. (This is probably more of a confession but...) After a degree and lots of internships/jobs/experience I still have no idea what I want to do 'when I grow up'.
7. I passed my driving test nearly 4 years ago and am still too scared to drive on the motorway.
8. I'm cringeworthingly (a nice made up word for you), soppily (and another?), over the top happy in my relationship right now.
9. My grandfather won a Nobel Prize.
10. My father has played saxophone for the like of the Spice Girls, Billy Ocean and on various awesome films (Harry Potter, James Bond...)
11. I'm still waiting to find the perfect LBD.

Sophie's Questions

1. If you could be any famous or well renowned person in the fashion industry, who would you be?
Oh this is a toughie...I admire so many. One or any of the well dressed, successful and empowered women in the fashion industry.

2. Five years ago, where did you think you'd be now... are you there now?
Wow, at 16/17 I was probably more concerned with what I was doing that weekend than the future.

3. What has been your least favourite trend this past year?
Studded bras...just NO! 

4. What is an item of clothing/style of clothing you hate seeing other people wear?
Crocs and kitten heels are a big no no for me!

5. What has been your worst fashion faux pas ever?
Hands down its got to be flared jeans with silver glitter fire running up the front (GOOD GOD, the horror!)

6. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
I'll get back to you on that...

7. What is your favourite Fashion/Lifestyle magazine and why?
Cosmopolitan/Glamour - never fail to entertain and inform!

8. Why did you start blogging?
As a way to express myself and to document trends/life (and to obviously have a look in 20 years and CRINGE)

9. Given the chance to go back to any era for the fashion, which era would you choose and why?
50s...little waists, big skirts!

10. Would you rather have a Mulberry handbag or a pair of Louboutins?
Not really a labels girl but a Mulberry...I tend to ruin shoes too quickly. However, Id happily have both.

11. You can only wear one outfit for the rest of your life. Describe what it'd be?
AGH...I just can't...

My Questions

1. Sum your blog up in three words?
2. What is the worst present you have ever received?
3. If you could meet anyone who would it be?
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
5. I've given you a card loaded with money to take you on a trip of a lifetime. Where are you going?
6. Most embarrassing moment EVER? (Be honest!)
7. Whats the best nickname you've been given? Why?
8. Most epic/memorable moment of 2012?
9. Best make up/beauty product you own and swear by?
10. Favourite item currently in your wardrobe?
11. Live to work or work to live?

Thanks very much for reading (if you made it this far)! Come back soon :)

VR x


No comments:

Post a Comment