Friday, 15 March 2013

VR Thoughts; Outfit Sharing Online

Outfit sharing has got to be one of my favourite things about the bloggersphere, and maybe even the internet (alright, thats abit of an overstatement!). Whats not to like? A nosey into someone else's wardrobe/lifestyle whilst getting your own bit of style inspiration, PERFECTO! I've never really got in to OOTD posts because there are so many great websites to use for that. In my eyes, the two big contenders are Lookbook and WIWT. 


 

Whilst I've always wanted to join Lookbook and admire those who have, I've avoided it at all costs because 1) I am no photographer, 2) I am no model and 3) My wardrobe is sadly not endless (see; Narnia) and permanently on trend. Boohoo, cue the bloody violins!

In contrast, the really great thing about WIWT is that it doesn't feel like it has set any expectations. Ok, so no ones complaining when they make Editors Choice but its nice to know that iPhone in the mirror shots are widely accepted, as are bad hair days. Plus it has it's own little community going on!

Yes its frustrating to see someone else wearing that item you really wanted (or sometimes even worse that one you own) or posing in a unrealistic outfit in crazy weather conditions (snow and mini skirt...the horror!) but then again, why shouldn't they? If thats what the wore, want to wear or recently bought then I say good on them for being brave enough to put it out there!

Whichever site you choose to use (I am sure there are many more out there), I love the idea of having documentation of what I wore for either future referral, future inspiration or future embarrassment...either way, its nice to know it will be there like an online photo diary of sorts.

My WIWT low down;

Member Since: 11th December 2011
Outfits Posted: 155
Editors Choice: 27
A Look Back:


2011


 



2012







2013



 

Also, I must say I am very excited by the recent influx of members to WIWT, seems to be growing by the day!

VR x

3 comments:

  1. Love your Outfits! WIWT has to be my favourte outfit sharing website!

    WIWT-hanc
    aredlipneverdates.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous style, adoring your blog miss!
    would love to see you wearing casper&pearl one day!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete