Tuesday, 26 March 2013

VR Thumbs Up

Eating

Revolucion de Cuba

Stumbled upon Revs de Cuba whilst in Sheffield and would highly recommend a meal here. I'm pretty sure it's more of a bar/club at night but in terms food they have some amazing daytime deals. I opted for the burrito and mojito deal (of course) whilst those who accompanied me opted for a pulled pork sandwich and cuban hot burger. Obviously, I had to taste test both and they really were delicious! A highlight (aside from the Cuban decor) has got to be the spicy rum sauce, TRY IT...its heaven! I am now a convert and will more than likely become a regular here and not to worry they are dotted around England so it's accessible for all!

Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, good food , affordable prices, wide selection available.
Cons: More than likely loud/crowded during the evenings (not idea for a sit down meal).

A photo of my Steak Burrito with Cuban sides

A photo of my Mojito Cocktail


Silversmiths is one of those restaurants that you could walk past in the street and not even notice it was there. Thats ok though, as the food does all the talking! Tucked away on a quiet street between Sheffield's train station and the city centre, Silversmiths decor is chic but understated and the staff are friendly and attentive (sometimes a little too much. I like to take my time with the menu!!). The food menu is simply one and half pages and boasts an array of traditional dishes. In contrast, the cocktail/wine menu is rather impressive and takes a little more attention. I opted for the 'Cocktail of the Week' which was a Rhubarb, Vodka, Champagne mix and was out of this world, and was then followed with a few pleasant glasses of the house white. 

Unbelievably reasonable prices for excellent food made my visit all the more enjoyable (around £15 for two courses and £17 for three). I began with a squash and blue cheese tart on rocket, followed with the crispy pork belly (accompanied with 'fat' chips and honey glazed carrots) and being undeterred by fullness I split (three ways) a Chocolate Eccy Road (e.g. marshmallow, salted caramel, chocolate cast puffed rice and honeycomb). All in all, a lovely restaurant for a special occasion. However, I left that little bit too full (totally my own doing)!


Pros: Locally sourced food, delicious and well put together dishes, varying menu throughout the week.  
Cons: Food is only served until 9.30pm on weekdays, booking is (usually) necessary.


A photo of my pork belly main at Silversmiths Sheffield

A photo of my cocktail at Silversmiths Sheffield 
VR x

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing food! Definitely gonna pay a visit next time I'm in Sheffield :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious xx

    mac lipstick giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How yummy does that all look!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huba hubba! Thats looks dangerously delicious.
    I wouldn't mind trying some haha.

    <3
    <3
    www.fashionsmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous and hungry right now!!

    http://vikkielora.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete