Tuesday, 9 April 2013

VR Thumbs Up #2

Relaxing


Bonus points go to me for choosing a flat which sits directly opposite the ultimate spa but even more, extra special points go to my mum for surprising me with a treatment to unwind after my big move to Sheffield. I was booked in for a Swedish back, neck and shoulder massage which was unbelievably relaxing and luxurious. My masseuse was really accommodating, making sure my experience was as enjoyable as possible (all the important things were asked - pressure, comfort etc...).

Spa 1877 isn't just about the treatment, its about the experience! The building itself is pretty impressive as it was once the baths of Sheffield and still remains grand inside and out. After completing a short generic medical form, you are directed to a greeting area where you are given a basket filled with a robe, towl, shoes and a locker key. Next, you are directed to a chic and clean changing room where you are free to change (and shower) at your own leisure before heading to the 'Relaxation Room' (my kind of room!!). This is the ultimate stress free environment - lantern and candle lit, magazines galore, comfortable seating, complimentary cold and hot drinks, subtle music, the list goes on... It is here you are collected by your therapist and led to one of their many treatment rooms. After you have been treated to one (or more, if you are lucky) of their treatments you are free to freshen up, change and leave or head back down to the 'Relaxtion Room' for some more peace and quiet!

Spa 1877 offer a vast range of treatments (accommodating both men and women, including a special pregnancy packages) and have a range of facilities (Plunge Pool, Hammam, Ice Cave, Sauna).  I will most definitely heading back!

Pros: Luxurious interior, friendly/helpful staff and unlike anything else I've experienced in Sheffield. 
Cons: Fairly expensive and advised to book in advance. 


A photo of one of the luxurious rooms at Spa 1877

Photo of a complimentary coffee at Spa 1877

VR x

Note: Photos taken from Spa 1877 website - would have been cheating on the relaxtion if I took my iPhone in!

9 comments:

  1. I am so so jelous. Could defiantly do with a spa day right now!

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk

    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your R&R was the absolutely fabulous!
    If you get a second, give me your thoughts on my latest post! I l'd love to hear from you!
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah sounds so relaxing!!!

    xxxx
    www.melbourneandgeorgette.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this place sounds and looks amazing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous style, adoring your blog miss!
    would love to see you wearing casper&pearl one day!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like pure bliss! Why don't I live in Sheffield? :(

    ReplyDelete