Sunday, 16 June 2013

VR Round Up 16.06.13






*Re-learning *Radler *Stylight Goodies *Skype Date *Party Lift
*Cocktail Jar *London *V&A *Dancing Shoes *Tiger Cake

+ Explanations - I wanted to give a bit of an explanation about why my blog posting has become so sparse lately and so here goes...For a while, I was really unhappy at the job which I had relocated to Sheffield for and inevitably these feelings had a knock-on effect on everything else in my life and really got me down. However, a few weeks ago, I made the big decision to hand my notice in and leave. Not everyone agreed with my decision but, I think that when you are doing something day in and day out, it is only you who knows whether something is right or in my case, when it is not. I have been very fortunate and after some hardcore searching/applying/interviewing I managed to secure a great new job in Marketing and start on the 1st of July. There have been some tough times over the last few weeks but I think things are finally starting to look up and hopefully my move to Sheffield was a positive one after all... A big thank you to all my supportive and wonderful friends and family (especially those who took the time to visit, skype etc...)!

+ Let The Fun Begin - With less than a week until I jet off to Turkey, I have been treating this time as a pre-holiday of sorts and taking full advantage of my free time. Sadly the gym has fallen by the wayside but, in it's place, I've been out dancing drinking twice this week, made an impromptu trip to London (where I caught up with some many of my lovely friends) and re-learnt how to ride a bike (bit pathetic that I hadn't rode one in about 10 years). I hope to get back to blogging properly once I return from holiday and head back to Sheffield to start my new job.

+ Dad's Day - A huge HAPPY fathers day to all the wonderful papas' out there! My brothers, sister and I and mum have planned an evening full of surprises, wine, food and good company at home. 

VR x

4 comments:

  1. WANT those shoes in the second to last photo! Where are they from lovely? x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theyre from Primark believe it or not :) x

      Delete
  2. Hello Madeleine,

    I'm also taking the freedom of leaving you this comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today's fashion luxury brands, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, that would help me a lot :)
    Here is the link of my survey: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2SQNKSV
    Thank you very much!

    Lou ♥
    Ps:hummm that cocktail looks sooo nice...yummy!

    ReplyDelete