Friday, 1 November 2013

October Favourites


1. After a few not so flattering post summer photos, I decided it was time to find a product with a bit of added coverage for the colder (inevitably paler) months. Revlon's Colorstay foundation comes highly recommended from a world of beauty bloggers/reviewers (I couldn't find anyone with a bad word to say about it). I picked Colorstay up from Boots for a steal at around £10 and I have never looked back. Aside from the annoying little fact the shade is a tad too dark for my skin (shop lighting is a pain in the ass!), its a fantastic product. It's easy to work in to the skin (so much so that I have opted for the hands on approach rather than brush) and it's buildable so I can opt for more or less coverage depending on my mood. The best thing about this product? It really does stay! Whether I'm partying away in a club in London or heading out to a gig in Sheffield, I'll arrive home with it still in tact at the end of the night. A downfall you ask? This is probably a personal annoyance but it doesn't have a pump so it's hard not to over pour and waste it.
 
2. With the days closing in and winter approaching, the cold was really getting to my skin and I felt like I needed something to treat my face and make it feel that bit better. I'm a big fan of the Simple products because they are exactly that - simple and kind to skin, which is exactly what I needed. I haven't noticed any miraculous improvements but for £3.99, who's complaining. I am not sure I'd necessarily run out to purchase a shelf load of this but for weekly use over the next couple of months this one seems a good choice.

VR x

6 comments:

  1. Revlon need to seriously invest in pumps on their products. I love the Nearly Naked foundation, but it doesn't have a pump and I'm certain it breaks me out! Sob.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all smile products and find them really gentle on the skin x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Alina,
      I've detailed the approx prices in the post but both are available via the Boots website if you wanted an exact cost. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with you on how good the colorstay foundation is! They do however need to have a bigger range of shades as I find mine a bit too dark on my skin! xx
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best product so simple and affordable.

    Best Regards
    http://www.cozmoo.com/

    ReplyDelete